Sunday, March 13, 2016

Murder Report


     When Wendy finished her wrestling training, she went to a bar and drank some beer with her friend. Wendy drank 10 bottles of soju&beer, and she dozed off. While Wendy was sleeping, her friend found the post above. So the friend woke her up and showed it to Wendy. “Who the hell dared to wrote this trash? I’m gonna beat her up! 170 likes? Is she just trying to get attention by ruining my life? How the xxxx did she figure out my Peter Pan syndrome? Only a few people knew it!” She could not stand up straight, but her overwhelming power broke a desk in half and squeezed her chair like a paper. Her fried tried to calm Wendy down. “You’re drunk. Just ignore the post and think about it tomorrow with clear mind. Calm down!!” But she won’t listen to anyone. Wendy just crazily went through Sarah’s timeline and figured out where she is now. “Gotcha! Her house is 74 Lynwood Ave, Darwen, Blackburn with Darwen BB3 0HZ, UK. Don't dare to run away, you little spoiled brat!”



Ding-Dong! Ding-Dong! 

There was no answer.

DingDingDingDingDing-Dong! Ding-Dong!

“Who’s there?” said someone, with sleepy voice.

Wendy answered, “I’m Sarah’s best friend ever! forever! There is something that she should know and I need to have a serious talk with her. Quickly! Open the door now!”

The door was opened. Wendy came in to the house like a hunting dog searching for the prey. There, she found a girl sleeping on the couch. She compared her face with the pictures of selfies in Sarah’s timeline. Wendy said, “I’m gonna break all your fingers which would have typed that post. Today is your funeral.” Her friend still tried to stop her, but Wendy simply tossed her away. Her friend crashed her head into the edge of a desk and fainted. “You’re on a high way to hell.”, said Wendy. And she began her revenge.

She beat her up so madly that she could not even hear her screaming and begging. 



“Ouch...”

The next morning, her friend woke up with sharp headache, and blood dripping near her left ear. 

But her pain was no big deal. She could not close her eyes when she saw a girl on the couch, brutally stabbed with knife, and her blood all over the floor. Beside her, Wendy was holding a knife, trembling with confusion and guilt. 

“You..... murdered her?!” 

Wendy answered, “No, Betty.. I didn’t mean to kill her.. Believe me! I didn’t! I’m not the murderer! I know how to beat one without killing! How did this happen...?” Wendy cried. Her friend, Betty was also trembling with shock. Betty said, “I believe in you. That must be an accident. I know you’re not that crazy.” Wendy cried and said, “This can never be forgiven. What should I do... I’ve done such a terrible thing.What should I do!” Betty tried to calm her down. “Wendy, Breathe in, breathe out. You MUST calm down. Let’s first wash some blood on you.” Wendy lost her focus and followed Betty to the bath room. Betty couldn’t help trembling while washing Wendy’s face. 

Wendy mumbled, “What if...” Betty asked, “What?”. Wendy grinned a little and said, “What if no one knew that I murdered her?”, and looked at Betty. Betty stopped what she was doing and slowly distanced herself from Wendy, and Wendy followed her with the same speed. Wendy said to herself, “Yes, Betty is the only one who knows this!” and laughed a little. Betty started to run away. She ran and hid herself between trash cans. It smelled really bad, so Betty was almost chocking. Soon, Betty could not hear Wendy’s foot steps any more but her intense breathing. She waited quietly for 3 minutes and said “I’m saved.” She collapsed and recovered her breath. Then, she felt a shadow saying, “I can hear you breathing.” and got hit on her head. 



Betty woke up in a car, and beside her was dead Sarah. She almost screamed as soon as seeing Sarah’s cope, but then she carefully observed surroundings. Betty was the driver! Betty asked Wendy, “Why didn’t you kill me?”. Wendy said, “You woke up? Because it’s more troublesome to clean another mess. Thanks to Chinese, I can get rid of you and your organs will be used to save other poor ones. Don’t dare to run away. You can never escape from me with your feeble legs.” 



Betty shuddered and very slowly unlocked the door without a sound. She waited until the car stopped in front of red light, and suddenly reached her arm to Wendy’s glasses. She crushed the glasses in instance and some of the pieces hurt Wendy’s eyes. Betty took the chance and went out of the car. Wendy soon followed her.



It was 5 a.m. so no store was opened. So Betty just hid herself in a trash can, and did not forget to hold her breath and freeze like a tree. She heard Wendy passing near her. When Wendy was gone, this time the odor of trash can smelled like the perfume from the heaven. But then she heard a sound.


Sound Effect:


It was her morning call from her cell phone. Betty quickly turned it off, but she could hear Wendy turning back and heading toward her. She escaped from the trash can and ran while calling and screaming at 112, “Save me!!” She ran for her life and found the nearest police station, which was 10 meters away. “I’m just in front of the police station!!” Then Wendy threw the knife at Betty’s back, and Betty fell down. But the polices came out and captured Wendy.

The next day, sitting in the quiet room, Betty wrote the following diary: 


       Dear Diary, I almost died yesterday. I never thought the drug I put on Wendy’s drink would be affecting her until the morning. The drug turned her into an insane beast. That stupid girl almost killed me! Because of the drug, she never noticed that I already killed Sarah before she hit her. While Sarah was getting hit, did not resist or ran away at all. Use your brain, stupid Wendy. Looking at her guilty face in the morning was a great entertainment! She actually just hit her with her fists. When Wendy was asleep, I stabbed Sarah for many times and rubbed her blood all over Wendy. Sarah deserves it. She stole my boyfriend Harry. Not only this, she tried to post a writing to point me out as a suspect. Her writing was something like this: 

Ok, so you guys suspect me as the killer of my own boy friend, Harry, but I'm here writing this letter to defend myself, and explain what happened yesterday. Yesterday, in the morning, Betty was very excited to go to prom with her boyfriend Harry until he said, "Let's break up". As soon as she broke up with Harry, I went out with her ex-boyfriend, Harry. And Betty, my friend is not great friend for me. She said "It's so unlucky for you to have that kind of trash as your boyfriend", 

She said it isn’t big deal for her since everybody knows that Harry is kind of Casanova. 
But she was not acting up to her words in Prom. Betty was too talkative and I couldn't stand her. God. It was painful. I drank martini in a row to pretend to be drunk. I thought after couple minutes of pretending, she would be gone. But she didn't! She talked and talked, as if she had motor in her mouth. I'm so sure that she tried to attract Harry's attention since she still loved him. Her friends, including me, told her to forget him and avenge on by going out with a new, good-looking guy. However, she said she’s just fine, and ran out of the party.

I was so angry by looking at this post, so before she posted it on her timeline, I killed her and rewrote the post. Then, to avoid the responsibility of murder, I drank beer with Wendy, and put some drug on her. It was funny to say "Who's there?" beside Wendy, as if I'm in Betty's house. I opened the door for her. In the morning, since Wendy is already too naive even without the drug, she was so sure that she was the murderer. But Wendy trying to kill me was out of my calculation. It was extremely thrilling. I’m going to make Wendy suicide and manipulate her will mentioning that she’s the murder who killed both Sarah and Harry. Then I’ll move to another city and start a new life. I’m too tired now. I’m going to have a sleep.

May. 13. Friday

Betty closed her diary. And she started to wonder who is going to be the next target. She was thinking that next target must be more difficult and interesting. Maybe someone who knows that she is the murderer would be very fun. Maybe someone who read her murder report would be good. The end.

Murder Report #3, written by Betty 2014. May 13.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the story! First of all, until the very end I didn't realize it was a metafiction, but the very end is a 식스센스급 반전. I'm not an expert on metafiction, but I'm pretty sure this one is a metafiction.

    Other than that I liked the very first photo. It shows creativity and the effort put into this post, and captures the reader's attention from the start. I also liked the way you added casual phrases in your writing.

    But there were some grammar mistakes in the text, and some phrases were too "Korean" and a little cryptic. The plot is also a little hard to understand.

    But in general, it was a creative, good metafiction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a lot of potential. I like the "twist" of having Betty the mastermind murderer who seemingly is able to frame people for her murders. Considering the extremely convoluted content of the source material you attempt to use, you did a fairly decent job of constructing "some sort of story" around it. That said, I agree with Jimin in terms of making sense of things. It's hard to follow, and some events are just a little too absurd. As for the writing itself, I'd like to see a lot more attention paid towards small details and grammar. You misspell "friend" as "fried," and this is just one example among many, which makes me wonder if you re-read your work before posting. A little bit of extra effort goes a long way, and this is something to focus on for the next assignment.

    What I do like to see is the creative approach to the Facebook post, and adding the touch of graphics for authenticity. Is this metafiction? It does achieve elements of that, but structure and clarity sort of prevents it from being what it could be. I think its more "intertextual" than meta. All in all, some good creativity here.

    ReplyDelete